10 easy breezy tips to get started building influence online with Facebook Live
Those of you who may know me personally know that I am a Social Media Evangelist and a bit of an Audio- Visual geek! lol. well, I just made that up but the truth of the matter is I absolutely LOVE Facebook and I am currently immersing myself in Instagram as well. Both of these Social Media Platforms have a video function which is great news for business’s who would like to build their online visibility and influence.
Instagram currently lets you take or upload short videos up to 60 seconds long. This is great in and of itself but I see this as interesting opportunity to create a promotional buzz to promote longer videos and host video shows on FB live. I see both these platforms (both owned by Facebook coincidentally) really working together to support each other in social media marketing and influence building.
Today I wanted to give you just a couple tips on getting your FB Live Broadcast ready to go. Here are 10 easy breezy steps to get you started:
- Have a script or outline for your topic. I can’t stress this enough- I know we all think we can be impromptu but you are going to want to have at least a an outline to keep you on track to make sure you don’t wast any of your broadcast time. Try to have bulleted points or 3-5 “hot tips” that you can share and then talk about a little more in depth to expand.
- Ideally you should do a preliminary sound check and also check your lighting and surroundings on your camera so you can see how you look before shooting. This ensures quality picture that your audience will enjoy.
- Log into your Facebook account on your phone from your profile, business page or group depending on who you want to see your video.
- Touch the “Publish” icon to create your video post.
- Touch the “Live Video” icon.
- Write a super juicy title about what you will be talking about in your video.
- Touch the “Go Live” button.
- Smile, and wait for 1-2-3 countdown. Go!
- Interact with people who show up for your live broadcast but don’t veer off your topic. You want to try to stay under 30 minutes so stay on task and keep idle off topic chit chat to a minimum.
- Ask people to share your video if they like the content. You will want to End with a clear call to action to your audience so they can take the next step in working with you or purchasing your product etc…
- Bonus TIP!!!!! for building influence with video: promote the day, time, and topic of your next broadcast. (remember that consistency over time builds influence) Stay tuned for my next blog where I will write about how to promote your FB LIVE show using video on Instagram!
I hope these tips have been helpful. I am currently doing a series of instructional social media webinars for business women who want to build their online influence. To register for one of my upcoming social media training and other instructional webinars please click this link.