You are creative, you were born that way. Even if you’ve failed to realize it until this very moment. The fact is, you can’t fail to create or to be creative.You created the life you’re living right now, even if you don’t appreciate it every single moment. Your life is your creation.
However, unless you’ve consciously activated and chose to maximize your creativity, you’ve only been operating at half-throttle. It’s possible to be much more creative than you have been in the past or than you ever imagined possible. Being able to access your divine power of imagination and then use it to find creative solutions will make life easier, more enjoyable, and bring you greater joy and fulfillment.
Enhance your ability to access your imagination with these strategies:
- Practice without distractions. Turn off the TV and dim the lights. Have a seat, get comfortable and close your eyes. Relax and allow your mind to wander, but don’t fall asleep. Instead of trying to control your thoughts, let them run wild. Practice being an observer instead of a director. Do this daily for 15-20 minutes.
- Use all of your senses. You can do more than just see. You have the ability to hear, feel, smell, and touch. Use all of these senses when you’re utilizing your imagination. Give yourself the space to do this.
- Your imagination will feel stronger if you use it daily. Like going to the gym the results are cumulative. Try not to skip a day.
- Read something outrageous (for you). Try reading a fictional book about aliens, fire-breathing dragons, or time travel. Expose yourself to new ideas and concepts on a daily basis. The more you experience, the more your imagination will have to work.
- The same goes for movies. Branch out. You can only watch so many action movies or romantic comedies! Explore other worlds and time periods to expand your reality.
- Take up a creative hobby. Learn to paint, sculpture, or play the accordion. Try writing a screenplay or drawing a really scary monster. Tap into the creative part of your brain.
- Explore your passions. Do something you’ve always wanted to try, but haven’t yet. Push your boundaries, be willing to step out of your comfort zone. New mental states can increase your level of creativity.
Use your imagination to find creative solutions:
- Set an intention. Think of an intention as a short-term goal for an activity. What are you trying to accomplish with your imagination? Find a solution for your relationship challenge? Figure out a way to earn more money? Invent a gadget that will change the world? The possibilities are endless.
- It’s important to have an objective for your imagination to focus on.
- Choose a method of addressing your imagination:
- You can turn off the lights and focus on your intention. Follow your thoughts to your solution.
- You could sleep on it. Keep a dream journal on your nightstand.
- You could sit at a clean table with a pad of paper and write whatever comes to mind. Keep going for at least 30 minutes.
- You could ask yourself questions and listen for the answers. Jot down the answers.
- Take part in an activity that engages your mind, but not completely. These auto pilot activities can include cleaning the house, taking a shower, mowing the lawn, or listening to classical music. These activities occupy part of your mind, but leave the remainder free to wander and create ideas.
- Act on what you discover. Creative solutions are worthless unless you act upon them. Reward yourself for being creative by putting your ideas into action. Sort your ideas and choose the best one. Try and see if your imagination was correct! Trust yourself. You’ll get better with practice.
Our amazing creativity is one of the things that separates us from other forms of life. Using your creativity effectively can help you to find better solutions to the challenges in your life.
Creativity can fade with age, but that’s just because we fail to use it regularly. Flex your imagination muscles daily and give your creativity a regular workout.
I invite you to incorporate imagination activation and creativity into your daily practice of self care and stress reduction. If I can be of assistance to you in your journey please do not hesitate to reach out for guidance or healing work.