What is it you want to do with your life? How do you think you’re going to make it happen? What are your goals? If you’re not sure, then self-reflection is in order.
Even if you have an idea where you want to go, you may want to consider incorporating self-reflection exercises into your daily routine to ensure that you remain on the path toward success. We only experience chaos or discomfort when we veer from our course. When you are on the right path, you can also find peace in your life. This feeling of Peace or being in the flow does not mean that things will not go wrong or that there will not be obstacles, it simply means that you stay in the moment and see things as they are: minor obstacles that must be dealt with in order to achieve your end goal.
Here are 5 self-reflection exercises that you can use to put things into perspective. These exercises can help you to clear your mind, relax, and find that peace you crave:
1. Compose affirmations. Write a list of at least 30 affirmations. These affirmations should embrace what you want to achieve and what you want to become in your life.
- Write them in present tense and be sure to use the word “I” throughout the list. For example, “I am always good at my job.”
- It is important to focus on the things that are occurring now that will lead to your future success.
You may hear words in your head such as, “But you messed this up the other day” or “You weren’t as productive a few days ago.” If you are hearing things like this, then banish those negative thoughts. It can take some time to get used to positive thinking, but it’ll be time well-spent.
- Repeating your affirmations aloud will enable you to reprogram your mind with positive thoughts.
2. Tap into your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind is where your self-image is stored. All of your attitudes, experiences, beliefs, and values are here. Your subconscious mind is the core of who you are and it’s a very powerful force.
If you go inward and reflect upon what’s inside this storehouse within the mind, you can gain a better sense of self-awareness. Some may call this meditation or some may call this energy healing. Regardless of what you call it, this process helps you to attain a higher state of consciousness.
- Better self-awareness can provide you with many answers about yourself and your true beliefs.
3. Visualize creatively. This is a fun way to self-reflect! Make yourself a box to show your hopes and dreams. Or you can create a vision board. Place pictures and words that represent you and your thoughts into your box or on your board. The more details you include, the better it works!
- Imagination is the key and the sky is the limit!
4. Ask yourself questions. Ask yourself questions about yourself. Write down your questions and your answers. Ask yourself questions about the present and the future and provide yourself with positive answers. You can be creative with your questions because only you know what’s inside of you.
- Be sure to structure your questions to include details about your hopes and dreams.
5. Write and reflect. Purchase a journal and write in that journal every single day. Each day, first write down something positive that occurred that day. Next, write down a question for yourself. Don’t answer that question then and there. Reflect on that question and write your answer the next day as a part of your journal entry.
I love to use angel cards or other oracle cards on a daily basis to inspire me in this case. I simply draw a card and write it down in my journal or day timer. I revisit it at the end of the day and write a couple sentences about this energy and how it showed up in my life over the course of the day. This keeps me not only inspired but on the lookout all day long for more inspiration.
As you can see, self-reflection truly is an art. It involves tapping your inner being and using that to figure out what it is you really want. In time, your reflections will enable you to achieve the peace and serenity you deserve.
I hope that you will be inspired to include Self-Reflection as part of your Daily Practice. I offer a FREE program and download “The power of Positive Affirmations for Success and Happiness”
Wishing you the Best!